Thursday, June 5, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Walnut Cookie Pie

Weew... that is a mouthfull! I again stumbled upon this recipe on Something Sweet... this is the same blog that I found the fabulous Strawberry Lemonade bars on!

After clicking over to the Hershey website, I found the original recipe and decided to follow it instead of just doing a strictly PB pie.

So I'm just about ready to stir in the peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and walnuts when I realize that I doubled the amount of flour. Crap. What to do? do I scrap the batter and start again or double up the remaining ingredients and make not only a pie for dessert tonight, but some pie-cakes (aka: pour the batter into cupcake cups and see what happens!).

I chose to double up! I baked off the pie first (it took 55 minutes) and then popped in my 24 pie-cakes. They baked for 25 minutes and were nice and golden brown! They didn't rise at all so it'll be perfect to add in a bit of whipped cream or ice cream on top... after it's warmed up so the chips get soft!

This is such a yummy & quick dessert! I served the pie with whipped cream after heating each slice for 10 seconds. I'm sure it would be equally good with ice cream.

The only adaptation I made was that I chose to use a chocolate cookie crust instead of the graham cracker crust. It adds in a extra kick of chocolate & looks pretty too!

Enjoy :)


Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
(Hersheys.com)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F.

2. Beat butter in medium bowl; add eggs and vanilla. Stir together sugar and flour; add to butter mixture. Stir in milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and nuts; pour into unbaked pie crust.

3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool about 1 hour on wire rack; serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. 8 to 10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment