Saturday, July 2, 2011

Frozen Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Sandwiches

I feel like every event I've been to recently has required a dessert. Mr. TL is certainly not complaining about that and when I told him that the request for this weekend's 4th of July celebration was my Frozen Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Sandwiches, he was a very happy man.

Make this recipe one time and I guarantee your friends and family will be begging for you to make them again and again. Simple, easy, and incredibly wonderful on a hot summer day. It's the perfect treat to cap off a day full of sun, fun, and BBQ food. Enjoy!

Frozen Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Sandwiches
(Yield: 25 sandwiches)



8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz cool whip
2 tablespoons sugar
50 chewy chocolate chip cookies
sprinkles, nonpareils, candy, nuts, etc. to roll the cookie sandwiches in

Combine softened cream cheese, cool whip, and sugar in a mixing bowl on medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended.
Use a small cookie scoop (I use THIS ONE from Pampered Chef and it's perfect) to place a dollop of filling onto a cookie bottom.
Take a second cookie and smoosh (that's the technical term) it together to form a sandwich.
Roll your cookie sandwich in sprinkles (jimmies for us RI'ers!), candy, nonpareils, chopped nuts... the possibilites are endless!
Stack your sandwiches on a plate, cover with foil or plastic wrap, and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm. Serve frozen.

2 comments:

  1. These are right up my alley! :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh myyy these look amazing! I'm gonna pin the recipe so I don't forget :)

    ReplyDelete