Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps

My husband loves red meat.  He would eat it 7 days a week and be the happiest man in the world.  

Sadly for him, he married a chicken and seafood obsessed woman who couldn't care less if I ever ate red meat again (Unless it's a peppercorn blue cheese filet.  Then talk to me). 

When I spotted this wrap recipe on Pinterest (I told you - I am obsessed), I figured I'd give it a whirl.  I was pleasantly surprised at a) the ease of the recipe and b) the end result.  I liked it so much, I made it the following week.  

This is one of those recipes that you can totally customize - adding whatever burger toppings you prefer right into the wrap.  For me, it was cheese, pickles, onions, tomatoes.  For my better half is was cheese, pickles, and mustard.  Everyone wins! YAY!

Enjoy :)


Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps
(adapted from Semi Homemade Mom)


1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
4 large flour tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese
sliced tomatoes, yellow mustard, pickles, sliced onions - basically any burger toppings you fancy!

Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, onion, garlic and salt and pepper to the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla.
Add a quarter of the beef mixture on top of the cheese and top with burger toppings of your choice.
Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on preheated indoor grill (I used my Cuisanart Griddler until the tortilla is browned.


No comments:

Post a Comment