Thursday, July 16, 2009

My husbands favorite burgers.

You could say that my husband is a burger aficionado and is a firm believer that burgers should be their own food group. So when I decided to mix up our typical burger with a stuffed burger, my husband was certainly skeptical in the begining but quickly proclaimed that I could make this stuffed burgers whenever I wanted to.

I chose to stuff my burgers with bacon and bleu cheese but you can certainly mix it up and stuff them with whatever makes you salivate :)

Enjoy!

Bacon & Bleu Cheese Stuffed Burgers

DSC_0001

Ingredients

1 pound of lean ground beef (I use 86%)

1/2 cup of bleu cheese crumbles

1/2 cup of crumbled bacon

4 kaiser rolls

extra virgin olive oil

Directions

1 - Section beef into 8 portioned balls and then flatten each slightly while forming a lip on the outside edge of each.

2 - Divide the bacon & bleu cheese between 4 of the 8 patties.

3 - Top each 'stuffed' patty with one of the flattened burger patty's. Seal the burger by working it in your hand and pinching down the edges.

4 - Grill burgers until cooked to your liking.

5 - Drizzle oil on both tops and bottoms of the kaiser rolls and grill for 3-5 minutes or until crunchy and brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment