Friday, August 12, 2011

Chick Pea, Avocado, Cucumber and Tomato Salad

I went scouring the Internet for a simple, fresh, and light side dish to serve alongside my Grilled Garlic Balsamic Pork Loin and came across a website on one of my favorite site's - Gina's Skinny Recipes. Every recipe is made with your waist line in mind without compromising any flavor and I dig that.

I perused her site and found a recipe for a cucumber salad that incorporated everything I love about summer - tomatoes, avocado, lime juice, and cukes! She included black beans in her salad to punch up the fiber but I only had chick peas on hand so I opted to go with that. The result - a cool, refreshing salad that was the perfect compliment to my pork. Recipes like this are so basic in nature that you really can switch in and out the ingredients that best fit your family's needs. Enjoy!

Chick Pea, Avocado, Cucumber and Tomato Salad
(adapted from: Gina's Skinny Recipes)



1 seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
2 hass avocados, diced
15.5 oz can chick peas, rinsed and drained
1 shallot, minced
1 clove of garlic, minced
juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and fresh pepper

Combine all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment