Friday, August 12, 2011

Creamy Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken

Here is yet another Pintrest recipe find that turned out so very good - Creamy Crock Pot Mexican Chicken. The last 6 weeks I've been taking a summer course that went until 8:30 pm, meaning I wasn't home till just about 9 pm four nights a week. For a girl who loves (seriously LOVES) to cook dinner each night, it was unsettling to expect to come home at 9 pm and whip up a full meal so I turned to my trusty slow cooker. My slow cooker and I are BFF's. From full meals to warm winter beverages, my slow cooker is a god send. It's that one item from my wedding registry that I use more than anything else!

Ok... onto the the recipe. Let's be honest for a second... any recipe that has only 5 ingredients and includes no real measuring is a okay in my book for a quicky meal and this one did not disappoint. Although it may not look appealing ("soupy, shredded chicken goup" is what Mr. TL called it), I promise it tastes delicious. And bonus feature of this recipe - the leftovers are seriously amazing!

Enjoy :)

Creamy Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
(adapted from: The Larson Lingo)



4 frozen chicken breasts
8 oz block of cream cheese
1 can of Black Beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 bag of frozen corn
1 can of chopped tomatoes with chilies
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt

Put frozen chicken in the slow cooker and pile cream cheese, black beans, corn, and tomatoes on top of that. Cover with lid and set for 8-10 hours on low.
Once the chicken is cooked, you can shred it in the pot. For me, this happened around hour 6 and at this point, I sprinkled on the taco seasoning and seasoned salt.
Allow to simmer all together until hour 8 to 10. Serve over white or brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment