Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tequila Marinated London Broil

Mr. TL is a lover of all things red meat. I, on the other hand, could survive easily without ever eating red meat again. But, since I'm an awesome wife, I throw my hubby a bone here and there and make him a juicy steak. This past week I whipped up a quick marinade with yummy ingredients I had in the house that I thought would work well together... tequila, garlic, soy, fresh jalapeno, brown sugar? Yes please! The result was a tangy and sneaky spicy piece of steak that hit the spot for Mr. TL and didn't have me running for the white meat hills.

Enjoy!

Tequila Marinated London Broil


1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
2 cloves garlic
1 cup tequila
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds London broil

In a food processor, combine all ingredients except London broil. Process until smooth. Place London broil in a non-reactive container and pour marinade over top, turning it to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours before cooking. (Note: I let mine marinate overnight and the result was a super juicy steak!).

Preheat grill to high and cook 5 minutes per side for a med-rare piece.

Let steak rest for at least 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain of the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment