Thursday, May 8, 2008

Blondies... or brownies?

So I came across this recipe for Cinnamon Toast Blondies on Robin's blog and knew I would have to make it ASAP. Mr. Tana-Licious is seriously obsessed with anything that his cinnamon in it! So much so that I'm currently concocting a cinnamon cake recipe to make for his birthday... but I digress!

I decided to make these blondies for dinner tonight at my future in-law's. As I'm making them, I'm noticing that the color isn't so much blonde, as it is brunette. Hmmm, only thing I can attribute this to is that I used a dark brown sugar... maybe Robin used a light brown sugar? Not to worry avid tana-licious blog reader's, I will find out and let you know! (NOTE: I was right... Robin used light brown sugar... but as you can see, the dark worked well too!)

In any event, these blondies/ brownies are AMAZING. I just cut them to plate and they are still a bit warm but mmm, delicious! It tastes just like cinnamon toast!

Enjoy :)

PS: Last night was night # 1 of the Wilton Cake class that I'm taking with my Mom, future mother in law and my matron of honor! I plan to bring my camera next week to catch a bit of the insanity! I must say, I want to go buy EVERYTHING that has label that says "Wilton" or "cake". 'Hi, I'm Tana and I have a serious baking obsession!"

Cinnamon Toast Brownies (I'm calling them brownies... you can call them whetever you would like!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 c. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
7 tbsp. butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. pecans, toasted and chopped

Topping:
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon


Whisk the flour, salt, and cinnamon together. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar with the melted butter. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients. Stir in the pecans. Spread batter into a greased 8×8 baking dish.

Mix together the cinnamon and sugar for the topping. Sprinkle this mixture over the batter.

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Don’t over-bake. The brownies may seem underdone, but will set as they cool. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tana - these look fabulous!!! Great job! I used light brown sugar but dark works just as well, I think it makes them look richer actually so I may try that next time I make them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JennDZ - The Leftover QueenMay 8, 2008 at 5:22 AM

    These sound freaking awesome! I love blondies and cinnamon - what a great combination.

    Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

    ReplyDelete