Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oh Rachel Ray... sometimes you are a rockstar.

Since I have this unhealthy Obsession with chicken, I'm always looking for new ways to cook it! New sauces, marinades, coatings... you name it, I'm on the constant search for it!

When I saw this recipe on Rachel's show a few weeks ago, I knew it would be the perfect summer marinade for amazing grilled chicken! The recipe calls for fresh herbs, which are of course, more fragrant and vibrant, but I used the dried herbs that I had in my pantry and it worked out just fine! I also added the juice of one lemon into the marinade.

For sides, I made steamed broccoli (my favorite veggie!) and my no fail Lipton Onion Soup roasted potatoes! They're always a huge hit!

Enjoy :)


Lemon Herb Chicken, Steamed Broccoli, Lipton Onion Soup Roasted Potatoes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lemon Garlic Herb Chicken
(adapted from Rachel Ray’s recipe)

4 cloves garlic, peeled
Salt
2 lemons, zested
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1 heaping teaspoon of dried thyme
1 heaping teaspoon of dried rosemary
1 heaping teaspoon of dried parsley
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Black pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Grate the garlic onto a cutting board and add a couple teaspoons salt, mash into paste with the flat of your knife.
To the garlic, add the lemon zest, fennel seed, thyme, rosemary, parsley, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and some black pepper. Stir with a fork to combine then add chicken pieces and coat evenly.
You can let chicken sit in marinade in the refrigerator to absorb the flavor or cook right away (your choice)
Grill chicken 12 to 15 minutes until juices run clear.


Lipton Onion Soup Roasted Potatoes

1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
4-6 potatoes, cubed

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Toss potatoes in a bowl with olive oil & onion soup mix.
Place potatoes in a singe layer on a 9x13 baking sheet.
Roast for 35 minutes, turning occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment