Monday, March 28, 2011

The Pioneer Woman has stolen my heart (AGAIN!)

Mr. TL is not exactly someone I could ever see asking for veggies instead of potatoes or meat. It's just how he rolls. However - he does a pretty nice job in letting me cook whatever I want, without too much commentary regarding the ingredients. For that, I love him so. Well, that AND his 6'2" stature which makes reaching the highest shelves in our kitchen a breeze.

Last week Mr. TL came home to a giddy wife... I was giddy about leeks and pancetta. Needless to say, I convinced him that the dinner I was whipping up would be fabulous, even if it was without a big hunk 'o steak with it.

Mr. TL took one bite... then another... and another. He even went back for seconds (this is how I read my husbands enjoyment of the meal!). Throughout dinner I professed my love for the Pioneer Woman who has never really done me wrong in recipe land. For that, I thank her.

The only changes I made to the original recipe was to add some grilled, diced up chicken breasts as well as more cream (more cream never hurt ANYONE. Promise).

Enjoy :)


Pasta with Leeks and Pancetta with Grilled Chicken
(adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks)


12 ounces, weight Pasta, Cooked Al Dente
Reserved Pasta Water, If Needed
3 ounces, weight Chopped Pancetta
3 whole Leeks, Sliced Thin
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 cups Dry White Wine
1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 pound chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper, To Taste
Parmesan Cheese, Shaved

Cook pasta and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
Saute chopped pancetta until fat is rendered and it starts to brown. Add sliced leeks and cook for 8 minutes. When you add the leeks, you can also throw in a pat or two of butter if you want to. This’ll give the dish some scrumptious flavor. I add it after the bacon is browned because I don’t want the butter to brown. After 8 to 10 minutes, pour in wine, then cook an additional 1-2 minutes, until reduced. Reduce heat to low, then pour in cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in Parmesan shavings. Toss in pasta, adding a little pasta water to thin as needed. Top with chicken and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment