Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Plastic is out. Mesh is in.

As if you couldn't tell from my last post about my excitement over reusable shopping bags, I am even MORE excited about the new reusable produce bags I just picked up.

Can I just interject here and state, for the record, I used to be much less lame. Grocery bags would have never excited me pre 2009 when I got married. Trust me, lip gloss, diamonds, and designer handbags still make me giddy like a school girl, but now I mix in some more practical excitements. I'm blaming my new found lame-ness on Mr. TL. Love ya ;)

Where was I... Mr. TL can attest that every time I go grocery shopping, I find myself wondering, if we're so concerned with plastic grocery bags, why aren't we concerned with the plastic bags we use for produce? On an average trip, I'll get 5 or 6 different types of produce, each of which requires a bag to hold them in. Once I get home, I tear into the bag, put my produce away, and toss the bag aside. Wasteful!

So I did some Google searching and came across a company called Flip & Tumble that sells both reusable shopping bags as well as reusable mesh produce bags. At $11 for a set of 5 bags, I went for it (plus a carrying tote) and I'm glad I did. They are not only super easy to manipulate, with a large opening and easy drawstring closure, they also fit nicely into their carrying pouch and right down into my handbag (right next to my EnviroSax reusable shopping bags!).

Here is one of my bags in use after this afternoon's grocery trip...

And my set of 5 spread out on my table (love the multi color tags - just a fun addition to the bag)...



And the simple little carrying tote (which my little grey EnviroSax tote fits down in to as well - Bonus!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment