Monday, April 4, 2011

Italian Barbecue Steak Tips

Last year I discovered my love affair with steak tips. When it comes to protein, I'm typically a white meat or seafood only kind of girl so Mr. TL was pleasantly surprised to find out that there was a red meat that I didn't have an automatic aversion to!

I typically opt to serve them grilled after they've been marinated with a little extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper, a splash of red wine and some garlic. I serve this quick, no fuss sort of steak tip over a arugula salad with crumbled goat cheese and lots of veggies - Such a quick supper on a hot summer day.

But since it's April in RI (read: rainy and cold!), grilling outdoors isn't an option just yet. So I scoured the internet for a steak tip recipe that would produce a rich, thick sauce that would go great with the couscous & zucchini I'd been craving as of late. Italian Barbecue Steak Tips were the cure to my steak tip desires. The sauce produced is heavenly rich and the tips stay nice and moist after a solid few hours of marination (mine were in the marinade for 6 hours). Per usual, I adapted this recipe to reflect my personal tastes and I encourage you to do the same!

I served mine on a bed of couscous (cooked in chicken stock & a dash of Lawry's Seasoning Salt for a kick of flavor) with a side of sauteed zucchini (sliced into rounds and quick sauteed with butter, extra virgin olive oil, 2 chopped garlic cloves and s&p). The result was a hearty meal that made me long for flip flops, sunshine and grill cooking that much more!

Enjoy!

Italian Barbecue Steak Tips
(adapted from allrecipes.com)



1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup Italian salad dressing
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup barbeque sauce
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tip steaks
S&P to taste

In a ziploc bag, mix the Worcestershire sauce, Italian-style salad dressing, garlic, oil, s&p, and barbeque sauce. Place the meat in the marinade, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat grill for high heat.
Brush grill lightly with oil to prevent sticking. Place steaks on the grill pan, and discard marinade. Grill steaks 10 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment