Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Recap

As far as weekends go, this one was as low key and relaxing as it gets for Mr. TL & I.

Friday night we grabbed a quick dinner at TGI Friday's (the Mediterranean Kabobs were surprisingly delicious!) and came home to work on on some goodies for the photo business. We blogged our first wedding of the 2011 season (take a peek HERE!) and worked on some design elements for our print products too...

Saturday morning we slept in (WINNING!) and then celebrated my father-in-law's birthday. Jim and I Scooted out of there after a few hours of family fun and headed down to Newport to catch the tail end of restaurant week. We ate at a newer restaurant, Speak Easy Bar & Grill (I'll be writing a full restaurant review later today!) where I had the most delicious Rum Raisin Bread Pudding. Delish.



The highlight of Saturday was probably getting pulled over by a State Cop for speeding (oops). In my defense, the stretch of road I was nailed on has a speed limit of 40 which, in my opinion, is way TOO slow, but apparently the RI Department of Highways & Transportation didn't ask me MY opinion when assigning speed limits. The funniest part of this is after the polite (and handsome!) officer handed me the ticket, he told me NOT to pay it. Haha - just go to court, contest it with the RI Good Driving Statute and I'll just have to pay court costs. Only in RI ;)

Sunday I made breakfast for my darling husband (Sweet Caramel & Cinnamon pancakes with maple slab bacon - mmm!) and we bummed around the house... laundry, cleaning, prepping for the week ahead. We celebrated the anniversary of the ice cream sundae with a late night run to Newport Creamery and then snuggled in to bed to watch some tv.

Although what may seem like a fairly boring weekend, we relish in these sort of weekends before our wedding season kicks into high gear. Until then we'll enjoy every lazy, boring weekend that we can find :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend to me, not boring at all! Hope you're having a great Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete